Thursday, October 21, 2010

Geo436.com blog: No operation in Karachi sans my consent: Mirza

Geo436 KARACHI: Sindh Home Minister Dr. Zulfiqar Mirza has said Thursday no surgical operation against militants will be launched in Karachi without my consent, Geo News reported.

"The responsibly to ensure security in Sindh wholly solely rest with me and no operation could be conducted in metropolis without my permission", he claimed.

He was responding to mediamen after holding meeting with Shahi Syed, the president of Awami National Party (ANP)'s Sindh chapter.

Shelving the speculations regarding releasing held suspected militants over having political associations, to a question, Dr. Mirza said: "Those nabbed under charges of target killings during my term, will not be released unless legal prosecution."

To another question he said that criminals cannot be caught from one place, they have many a hiding places instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment